Offseason Training with Coach Chris
OFFSEASON TRAINING …Keep our Juniors Learning & Playing – Sign Up Today… by texting, emailing or calling Chris Today – 770-402-8749
Parents… please read
Notes from a past seminar… from a Top 3 Junior Development Golf Coach in the World
What Does a Coach Do?
- A Coach transports people from where they are to where they want to go
What Do Golf Coaches Do?
- Teach all of the essential skills in the sport of golf
- Teach the fundamentals and the swing ++++++++
- Establish a success strategy for each athlete
- Provide honest feedback at all times
- Communicate with athletes, parents, golf officials and college coaches
- Encourage and support athletes as much as possible, both on and off the course
Golf’s Three Essential Skills
Ball-Control – The ability to control the direction, distance, and trajectory of a golf ball.
Decision-Making – Committing to a course of action that is intended to yield results.
Self-Management – The ability to manage thoughts, emotions, and behavior.
Golf’s 3 Most Important Skill Sets
- Driving– Getting the ball into play off the tee is paramount. Mistakes need to be minimized. Distance is a big factor.
- Putting– 40% of all golfers’ shots are putts. Crucial skill set for performance. Increase conversions inside 8 feet; lessen 3 putts from 18-40 feet.
- “Wedging”– full wedge shots- 70-100 yds; chipping, pitching and greenside sand play.
What Makes a Great Golfer?
- Talent – Skill through practice and experience
- Hard work
- Good Coaching
- Demanding Competition
James Citrin Author of “The Dynamic Path”
Expectant Behaviors of Athletes- Ground Rules
- To do their best
- Have a positive attitude- Be Coachable
- To conduct themselves in a sportsmanlike fashion with the highest moral and ethical standards at all times.
- To communicate openly and honestly with the Coaching Staff
- To respect and appreciate the efforts of parents, coaches, golf officials, and sponsors
- To have a professional approach to training and competing
- To be a role model for younger athletes
- To smile, have fun, and enjoy the journey!
Juniors… Click HERE... Make Your Bed….Change your World…Inspiration!
Junior Golf 365 – Off Season Training with Coach Chris