Junior Tournaments & Events
FORMAT: Each event will feature a stroke-play tournament for each Series of play. The Top finishers in each Series at each event will receive recognition.
DIVISIONS: Events will feature up to 3 Series of play:
Prep Series (resume required) 18 Holes ~5,700 yards Ages 11 – 18 Futures Series 18 Holes ~5,100 yards Ages 11 – 18 Discovery Series (at most events) 9 Holes ~1,700 yards Ages 9 – 12
NEW PLAYER CLINIC: Each event will feature a “New to Tournament Golf” Workshop at 2 hours prior to the first tee time. The clinic will focus on developing new player’s confidence, comfort & rules knowledge. Clinic is included with entry fee.
ELIGIBILITY: The Series is open to any junior 9 – 18 who has not entered college. Futures & Prep Series players must turn 12 by 12/31/17 to be eligible to participate. In addition, PKBGT Class 1 or 2 status is required to participate in the Prep Series. Follow these links for the official PKBGT Pathway Progression & Player Classifciation and playing resume.
CADDIES: Are only allowed in the Discovery Series. Pull carts are allowed in all divisions where allowed by the golf course.
MEMBERSHIP: Players who are not already 2017 PKBGT members are required to join the Regional Series to participate for a yearly fee of $30.
ORDER OF MERIT: Each series will feature its own Regional Series Order of Merit.
|April 22 (Sat)
Georgia One-Day Series
Entry Fee: $ 35 – $ 65
|+ April 22 (Sat)||Georgia One-Day Series
Braelinn Golf Club
Peachtree City, GA
|+ May 13 (Sat)||Georgia One-Day Series
Hamilton Mill Golf Club
|+ June 3 (Sat)||Georgia One-Day Series
White Oak Golf Club
|+ June 24 (Sat)||Georgia One-Day Series
Arrowhead Pointe Golf Club
|+ July 15 (Sat)||Georgia One-Day Series
Eagles Landing Country Club
|+ July 29 (Sat)||Georgia One-Day Series Finale
Legacy GC on Lanier Islands
USSSA Golf – GEORGIA Director JD – 770-846-4498
• Players can join USSSA Golf anytime during the year and be immediately eligible to participate in upcoming USSSA tournaments. New memberships for the upcoming year are accepted beginning on August 1st each year, when the next year’s upcoming schedule is published on the website.
• There is one basic membership: FREE. Effective August 1, 2012, all USSSA Golf Memberships will be FREE. USSSA Golf Standard Tour members will go online and register at no charge. Entry fees for each tournament will vary from location to location, and can be paid on line, via credit card.
• Any boy or girl, 9-18 years old who has not yet begun college is eligible to play on the USSSA Golf Junior Tour. Graduating high school seniors are encouraged to compete throughout the summer after their senior year in high school. All tournament participants must be USSSA members.
• New memberships and renewals for USSSA Golf Tour memberships can be initiated beginning in August each year for the following calendar year. USSSA members are eligible to play throughout the next golf calendar year (August thru July).
• Points will be awarded to players based on their finishes in each tournament within their respective age groups. All players will receive 400 points for completing a USSSA Event, regardless of their finish. Points assigned to order of finish are as follows: First, 1000 points. Second, 900 points. Third, 800 points, Fourth, 700 points. Fifth, 600 points. Sixth, 500 points. Seventh, 400 points. Eighth, 300 points. Ninth, 200 points. Tenth, 100 points. Each participant will receive an additional 400 points for successfully completing an event. State and National Tournaments will award accelerated points.
MORE INFO & TOURNAMENT REGISTRATION HERE