Fall Family League in Peachtree City
DATES: OCT. 4, 11, 18, 25 & Saturday Oct 31st – tee times starting between 1 & 2 pm
Weekly Schedule with Division & Results – Week 5 Tee Times Above / Standings Thru Week 4 Below
PTC Family League: The golf course will play all holes at “Par 3 yardages” which will create a welcoming environment for all levels of golfers.
- All participants play from a single set of tees.
- The yardage for each hole will be between 60 & 125 yards.
- Each Division will have 6 Teams and Divisions will be created based on the Junior Golfer’s age.
Making a Team
- A Family Team is 2 Players with One Adult & One Junior. Adult Substitutions may be allowed as long as the Junior is related to the Adult substituting.
“Adult” definition: A players age as of Oct. 1, 2020 will determine their program age for 2020 season
- Adults must be 21 +
- An Adult family member is defined as a birth mother or step mother, birth father or step father, blood grandmother or step grandmother, blood grandfather or step grandfather, legal guardian, aunt, uncle, cousin or sibling.
“Junior” definition: A player’s age as of Oct. 1, 2020 will determine their program/division age for 2020 season
- Juniors must be 6 to 18.
- Juniors must be related to the adult on their team
Weekly Playing Format:
- Modified Alternate Shot – Every hole, both players on a team hit their tee shots. The team selects the ball they want to play and the player’s ball that was not selected will hit the next shot from the location of the ball selected. The players will alternate shots going forward until the ball is holed. The procedure is repeated on the next hole with both players hitting a tee shot and restarting the process. Triple Bogey Max. Example: After the tee shot, If the team chooses Player A’s Ball, Player B must play the next shot from that location and alternates hitting a shot until the ball is holed. ( within 1 club length through the green and 1 grip length on the green ). ** Continuous putting rule is in effect once both teams are on the green.
Scoring System: Same as PGA Junior League:
Since each match is played over the course of 9 holes, Each 3 hole segment is worth 1 point, therefore three points are available per match. Whichever team wins the most holes within each segment (i.e. 3 holes-to-0 or 2 holes-to-1 hole), wins the corresponding point. A segment can be tied and is worth ½ point. The team with the most points at the end of the game wins the match.
The PTC Family League is a 5 week season with the top team in each division awarded prizes.
Division Standings/Results are based on Match Victories – Each Division will have 6 teams and created based on the age of the junior golfer. Each week, your team will play another team in your division… This is why we are asking you to commit to play all 5 weeks.
Stroke Maximum: Triple Bogey is the stroke maximum on a hole. No hole in the PTC Family League can be won with a triple bogey.
Tee Time starting between 1 & 2 pm each week – Please meet at the first tee 5 minutes prior to your tee time….and Diane or I will get each group started. Cost per team: $80 – This fee must be paid by check and made to Chris Knobloch – it cannot be put on membership account and must be paid by Oct 1st. Carts are not included each week. You MUST check in the golf shop to pay your appropriate cart fee.
Pace of Play – 2 hours per match